- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, chopped fine*
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette cut in ½ inch slices
- Pecorino Romano to sprinkle on top
*Or try my NEW Souper Spices Bruschetta Mix ready to go in 15 minutes!
Combine tomatoes, finely chopped onion, 3 tablespoons olive oil, chopped fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar in medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. This should be made up ahead of time, at least 2 hours or overnight to incorporate flavors.
Brush bread with olive oil and brown in pan or grill about 3 minutes on each side over medium heat. Top toasted bread with tomato mixture, cheese and serve.